The 3NCR 2012 Krabi convey will be leaving at 2330Hrs from Gelang Patah (Esso Petrol Station after Tuas checkpoint), those who wish to join the convey, please meet at 2300Hrs, and briefing will be conduct at 2320Hrs. Don’t hesitate to check the itinery and schedule here.
Also, for those who may not be aware !!!! Although the white card may not be required in Malaysia at the border, an immigration entry stamp on your passport is required for immigration exit at Bt Kayu Hitam into Thailand. MACS is to facilitate immigration entry & exit at Causeway & 2nd Link only.
Things to take note
1) Riders & Pillions to wear proper riding gears
- Helmets, preferably full face
- Riding jacket & pants
- Riding boots
- Rain gear
- Ear plug while riding
- must be class 2 motorcycles
- to be serviced at least 2 weeks before trip
- tires to be in road worthy condition
- brakes, light & horn in good working condition
- able to keep up with convoy’s cruising speed
- MUST HAVE PROPER DOCUMENT FOR THE BIKE.
- must have some experience in riding distances more then 180Km at a stretch
- safety is the priority
- must adhere to road/convoy rules implemented by Team 27
- must cooperate with convoy marshals
NOTE: Please bring and get ready the following;
1) Photocopy of the owner’s vehicle registration card. (With name and address)
2) Photocopy of the owner’s passport,
3) Photocopy of the owner’s Singapore vehicle insurance
4) If the bike does not belong to you, please get the owner to write a LETTER OF AUTHORISATION.
Checklist as follow:
1) International Passport validity minimum 6 months: eg: 15 April 2013
2) Cashcard for toll payment at Tuas check-point
3) Touch n Go card for toll payment at Gelang Patah toll station
4) Copy of motorcycle log card to be produce for examination by Thai Custom at Sadao Checkpoint. Letter of Authorization from bike’s owner & copy of owner passport or NRIC,
5) Thailand 3rd party motorcycle insurance.
6) Personal travel insurance for duration of ride. Insurance Provider helpline to be pasted on passport for easy retrieval in case of accident.
7) Comprehensive insurance for motorcycle, optional. Biker are subject to own risk if bike is stolen or total loss after 50 km of Thai/Malaysia border.
8) Contact of next-of-kin (NOK) to be written on slip of paper & slot or paste into passport.
9) Bike to be serviced 2 weeks prior to the ride, to allow rider ample time to test bike road worthiness.
10) Bring own tyre repair kit, headlight bulbs, spark plugs, etc
11) Pack personal stuff 2 nights before departure to avoid confusion during last minute packing
12) Essentials to bring ride; Ear plugs, cable tie, zip lock bag, spare bike key, sunglass, spare glasses, contact lens, minimum 1 set of day clothing, phone charger & adaptor.
13) A good night sleep prior to ride.
14) A positive attitude and defensive riding style on the road.
15) Top up your tank full the night before move out the next morning.
Contact & Telephone nos
Hotels in Hatyai & Krabi:
Hansa JB Hotel Hatyai (66-74-234-300)
Maritime Park & Spa Resort (+66-75-620028-35, 631770)
Team 27 representatives contacts:
Peter Poh (65) 96188033
Poh Chee Woon (65) 97382468
Azman (65) 91116363
Edmund Woo (65) 98361660
See all of you later tonight. Ride safe and enjoy the ride